XclusiveHype

Trending Music Download & Entertainment News Website

‘It’s not what we stand for” – England coach, Gareth Southgate breaks silence over ‘unforgivable’ racist abuse of Rashford, Sancho, and Saka after penalty misses against Italy

60ec212c47d21

England manager, Gareth Southgate this morning broke his silence over the ‘unforgivable’ racist abuse of Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, and Bukayo Saka after penalty misses against Italy.

The trio missed from the spot as the Italian team won 3-2 in a penalty shoot-out after the final game ended in a 1-1 draw after extra time.

60ec206e3e655

Speaking during a press conference on Monday morning, July 12, Southgate hit out after mindless social media trolls racially abused Bukayo Saka, Marcus Rashford, and Jadon Sancho after they missed penalties at the team’s Euro 2020 final loss.

 

He said: ‘It’s just not what we stand for. We have been a beacon of light in bringing people together in people being able to relate to the national team, and the national team stands for everybody and so that togetherness has to continue.

‘We have shown the power our country has when it does come together and has that energy and positivity together.

 

‘It’s my decision who takes the penalties, it’s not a case of players not volunteering or more experienced players backing out.’

 

Prince William this morning said he was sickened by racist abuse of the England team, describing vile slurs at players as ‘totally unacceptable’.

The Duke of Cambridge, who was at the game last night, called for those behind the messages to be punished.

 

And William – who is president of the FA – said the appalling remarks had to be stamped out for good.

He said: ‘I am sickened by the racist abuse aimed at England players after last night’s match.

‘It is totally unacceptable that players have to endure this abhorrent behaviour.

‘It must stop now and all those involved should be held accountable.’

And William – who is president of the FA – said the appalling remarks had to be stamped out for good.

 

He said: ‘I am sickened by the racist abuse aimed at England players after last night’s match.

‘It is totally unacceptable that players have to endure this abhorrent behaviour.

‘It must stop now and all those involved should be held accountable.’

 

It came as Savills estate agent launched an investigation after claims a member of staff had been behind one of the messages.

A spokesperson said: ‘Savills abhors and has zero-tolerance to any form of racism and racial discrimination and is appalled by the racist comments in these tweets.

 

‘Savills is immediately investigating and will take appropriate action.’
The PM echoed the Football Association’s condemnation of those attacking the players after the team lost to Italy.

 

Mr Johnson said: ‘This England team deserve to be lauded as heroes, not racially abused on social media.

 

Updated: July 13, 2021 — 6:34 am

The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

XclusiveHype © 2022 Frontier Theme